E-Books is a convenient new feature for all our Kindle and Nook e-readers. Choose from a large selection of contemporary and classic spiritual titles covering; biographies, Bible study, spiritual direction, history, youth topics and more.
St. Matthew's is sponsoring a teen retreat fromJuly 9th - 12th ! Transportation via school bus will be provided from St. Matthews to Immaculata Retreat House in Willimantic and back. Cost includes a comfortable single room with shower and AC, three meals a day, and lots of fun, engaging spiritual and social activities throughout the days. Limited financial assitance is available.
Please contact - Mike McKeever 860-490-4524, or, Gina Raymond 860-614-8277.
* New - Pope Francis New Encyclical - "Laudato Si'"
Bible study continues each week on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. downstairs in the church Hall. We are using the new series "Priest, Prophet, King" by Fr. Robert Barron. Bring your Bible and come on down ! For more information, call 860-871-1970.
Our high school aged youth group, "Carpenters 4 Christ" meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 12:30 - 2 p.m., inquire with our coordinator Tim Johnston @ 860.805.0477 for more info.
Also, visit the Youth Group page by clicking on "Ministries", and then, "Youth Group" above in the drop-down menu.
Divine Mercy Novena - 6:30 p.m. Mondays, - (Note - NOT on Monday Holidays)
"I'm an avid fan of EWTN..".... "One of my favorite shows, ... is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, which I love, and when I've had a very stressful day, I'll come home -I've got it taped, and Kay and I will both listen, put it on and just sit back, relax, worship, and in that time of reflection, meditation, quietness I find myself renewed and restored."
- Rick Warren, Baptist / Evangelical pastor of Saddle-Back Church, author of "The Purpose-Driven Life" .
Request a Mass Have concerns in your life? Like to have the prayers of the parish community along with your own ? Request a weekday or Sunday Mass for your family, friends or personal intentions ! Call Kathleen at the parish office to schedule, 860.871.1970.
* Book Rack - Features CD's, Pocket-Sized Bible Studies, Devotionals, Traces Magazine, and much more, -- Located by the Elevator, free items are marked. All books are offered below Amazon prices, - compare.
Stop By This Week, while supplies last !
* Weekly Bread Collectionfor the Cornerstone Shelter / Soup Kitchen. (Drop-off Box in main foyer).
* Monthly - First Weekend of the Month - Collection of personal-care items for the Cornerstone Shelter. Drop off items in the marked box in the foyer. Thank you !
* Divine Mercy Devotion - Every Monday, 6:30 p.m. Every Monday, - except during winter storms, or major holidays etc.)